Flight 4 is out

metatux metatux at gmx.net
Sun Feb 26 15:26:16 GMT 2006

Hi,

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Hello,

[...]
I've beeing testing Flight 4 on a Compaq Evo N610c

> 1) Hotkeys. Do they work?

as in all other Releases they don't!

> 2) Suspend - we're using gnome-power-manager now. Does hitting the sleep
> key suspend? Does changing settings in gnome-power-manager let you
> change what the sleep key does? Does the machine wake up again?

Yes but as in Hoary and Breezy it don't wake up again and there is no
way to view any Error or Log because it freezes without any output and
nothing on the Display.

> 3) Hibernate - if you've been tracking dapper, your hibernate
> configuration may have been lost. Please check
> /etc/mkinitramfs/initramfs.conf for a line with RESUME in. If it looks
> like
>
> #RESUME=
>
> then change it to
>
> RESUME=/dev/foo
>
> replacing foo with your swap partition, then do sudo update-initramfs
> -u. Hibernate should then work - please file a bug if it doesn't.

Correct but the Laptop same as in Suspend don't wake up and there is no
way view any Log or Screen-output.

> Known issues:
>
> 1) Synaptics pads may move very slowly

Yes just to slow!

> 2) USB may not survive suspend/resume. If it doesn't, please try
> upgrading to the latest acpi-support package.

As mensioned there is no way to know it.

Best regards,
Markus

--
Registered GNU/Linux user 392004|Machine number 292924
irc.freenode.net: #linux-plug,#linuxperu,#flisol-peru,#linux.mx,