Flight 4 is out

Lakin Wecker lakin.wecker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:15:48 GMT 2006

Hi, I've installed and tested flight-4:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/AcerFerrari4005WLMi  I noticed
that https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam should be updated to say that
we're currently testing flight-4.

Most notably in this release, the laptop's battery is now properly detected
and shows the correct information which is great.  Many thanks go to the
people who got this to work!  Also, I can get Direct rendering working with
minimal configuaration, IE the fglrx driver in the repositories is now
working.

There was a regression for the installation:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xresprobe/+bug/32487 , and a
regression for the sleep key,
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/32541
Also, hibernate is now worse than before,
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/29499

Lakin Wecker