Hard drive power saving

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Feb 16 23:18:09 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> my laptop sometimes turning into a mode of 'clicking' its harddrive
> every five seconds or so[1], but not always?

This could be Ext3fs writing its journal to disk every 5 seconds.

> // Tablet details, sent on Tuesday 7th and later?

I think I extracted most of the details (keycodes and ACPI events for
flicking the lid in and out of tablet mode) and added them to:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/ThinkpadX41Tablet

I may have missed some bits though...

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  Nottingham, GB