Hard drive power saving

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Feb 16 03:01:27 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 02:34:49AM +0000, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > > I've reenabled hard drive power management in the AC mode change script.
> > when back on AC, the disk is still left in spin-down-every-5seconds mode.
> Can you set -x the power.sh script and see what happens

Still spins down;  it's the drive spindown, so:

  sudo hdparm -S 0 /dev/sda

clear it and disables the spindown;  the weird thing is:

  sudo hdparm -C /dev/sda
  /dev/sda:
  drive state is:  standby

which is isn't;  it's still happily spinning around!

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  Lincoln, GB