very loud beeper of the ThinkPad X41 Tablet

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Mon Feb 6 12:41:17 GMT 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> Matthew Garrett:
> > On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:37:49AM +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> >> ALSA’s Master and PCM sliders don’t seem to affect the beevolume
> Indeed. I haven't found a way to make the Thinkpad beeper any quieter

I just gave up and use  xset -b  to turn off the beeps.  The other thing to
do is hide inside a screen(1) so that you can turn them into a visual bell
(background flash).

> The interesting part is that, IIRC, on my old R31

The R31 doesn't have a hardware mixer, but IIRC, it might have had a
separate mixer channel for the speaker/beep volume.  (But it was a different
sound chip and of cause it's actually an Acer...)

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  London, GB