Completed Dapper Flight 3 Testing

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:40:31 GMT 2006

> >> In particular, the biggest bug that I am concerned about is the fact that
> >> the video card drivers, which seemed to be detected so well in Breezy seem
> >> to have defaulted to something generic that does not allow me to change to
> >> the widescreen, or to have accelerated video.
> >
> > Attaching lspci would be helpful.
> >

> I'm fairly new to GNU/Linux.  Are there any particular command line switches I
> should use?  Should I attach it to the wiki page as well?

You could do from the command line something like:
lspci > lspci.txt

then the text file lspci.txt will contain the output from the command.

The best way to help is to go in Malone
(https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bugs) and check if the bug
hasn't been reported yet.  If it isn't there, then you can file a new
bug report about the problem.  Then in that bug report you can attach
that output from the lspci command (in that lspci.txt from above) so
that the developpers have both a report and lspci output in the same
location.

Then in your wiki page, you can add a link to that bug report (in the
right-hand-side column named "bug #").

--
Daniel Robitaille