New Laptop Added - Compaq Presario C304NR

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 16 07:19:51 GMT 2006

On Saturday 16 December 2006 05:44, Rich Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 15 December 2006 06:52, Luka Renko wrote:
> | On Thursday 14 December 2006 04:26, Richard Johnson wrote:
> | > All issues have been resolved, and only a few function keys do not
> | > work, but with some tweaking they should work soon. Refer to
> | > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/Compaq/CompaqPresarioC304NR
> | > for further details. I am available for any extra tests if need be.
> | > Thanks.
> |
> | Richard, can you provide more info about the keys to
> | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/LukaRenko/Keycodes table. I can then try to fix
> | them for Feisty.
>
> Luka, will do. Is there some easy modifications to get them to work in
> Edgy?

First you need to add missing keycode -> xkeysym mapping
to /usr/share/apps/kxkb/ubuntu.xmodmap. You only need to do this for the keys
that do not generate XF86xxx xkeysym.

Then they will generate proper xkeysyms, that you can assign to any KDE
shortcut:
1. Launch application (System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard
Shortcuts)
2. Specific KDE application shortcuts (application's Settings -> Configure
Shortcuts)
3. Any command, script, dcop (System Settings -> Accessibility -> Input
Actions)

I have written detailed instructions how to make suspend/hibernate keys
working in Edgy on the bottom of this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuPowerManagementFeedback

Regards,
Luka