Bad performance and instability on IPC PowerNote M 8375 aka Mitac 8375

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Sun Apr 30 13:33:47 BST 2006

Paul Sladen schrieb am 30.04.2006 13:21:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Christoph Bier wrote:
>
>>Discussion of testing Dapper for example? On Sunday I upgraded
>>Breezy to Dapper and things didn't change. Ubuntu is still unstable
>>and slow.
>
> Ubuntu is a combination of lots of programs.  Can you pin-point which of
> these you believe are being slow, for example are there any programs that
> you use that you have in mind?

All of the programs were affected! Here's a link to the message-id I
posted in my first mail where the problem is described:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/59879

>>But there's not enough time to install and configure Debian again
>>including a running TeX distro with all my own fonts set up.
>
> For things like TeX, the packages in Ubuntu are those straight from Debian.

I know but font setup has to be done again and TeX's font
installation is a mess. Besides I installed teTeX from source
because Breezy came with quite outdated teTeX packages.

>>Now, I keep my fingers crossed that it won't freeze during the
>>presentation on thursday
>
> I hope it went well!

Sort of ... Thanks! I did not use /my/ laptop.

Best,
   Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)