Testing the beta

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:22:37 BST 2006

On 4/23/06, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> So we've got a beta version out there, and it's a fairly short time
> until the final release. A lot of laptop support code has gone into
> recent updates, so it would be really good if people could test things
> thoroughly and let us hammer out the last few bugs.
>
> Good things to test:
>
> 1) Does suspend/resume to disk work? To RAM? Espresso will currently
> fail to write a resume file, so if you install via that please do
>
> echo RESUME=/dev/whatever | sudo tee /etc/mkinitramfs/conf.d/resume
>
> replacing /dev/whatever with the name of your swap partition. You'll
> then need to do
>
> sudo update-initramfs
>
> and reboot.

ah.  That was my problem. Thanks!  My hibernate stopped working with
Flight 6, but I never made the connection that this is exactly when I
started using espresso for my installs.     Is there a bug report for
this?  I would like to mark mine (currently filed against the kernel)
a duplicate of it (
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/38333)

By the way, the "sudo update-initramfs" need a command line parameter;
I used "-u" for update and that seems to have worked.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille