Problems with Asus V6J and GF Go 7400

Jyrki Pulliainen jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:48:17 BST 2006

On 3/23/06, Jyrki Pulliainen <jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/20/06, Jyrki Pulliainen <jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having hard time getting sound and hibernation/suspend.
> >
> > First the sound: Current ALSA version is the 1.0.10, latest stable.
> > Alsamixer can change the volumes, mute channels etc. but I don't get any
> > sound out of the laptop. All players "play" music files, but no sound.
> > Neither from speakers nor from headphone output.
> > Then, the other problem, suspend to ram / hibernation end to problems
> > with graphic card (Geforce Go 7400). It just doesn't want to co-operate with
> > me.

Again, solving my own problems: The sound works fine with the newest 686
stock kernel (kernel-image-686).

Suspend gives following error during process

> > [4299983.223000 ] Could not suspend device 0000:01:00.0: error -1
> >

> Solving my own problems. According to nvnews forums the next nVidia driver
> for linux is going to support Geforce Go 7400. Just havet to wait till that
> one pops out.

New driver version out, but I ran into serious problems. After apt-getting
the new nvidia-glx the screen turns to fuzzy white and purple stuff during
boot and computer freezes totally. I'm continuing testing and trying to get
this thing work.

Jyrki // jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com