Problems on Sony VAIO VGN-FS660/W - 3d, hotkeys, sleep/hibernate

Stephen Shirley diamond at nonado.net
Mon Apr 3 00:50:46 BST 2006

On 03/04/06, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> The Mesa page is out of date - Dapper supports 3D acceleration with the
> X300 chipset.

Oh wow, that i didn't realise. And indeed, a quick
'apt-get install planetpenguin-racer' confirms that it's definetely not s/w
rendering in operation. Kick ass.

glxgears won't always appear to be going terribly fast,
> and it's not really a measure of anything other than the speed of
> glxgears.

I know it's no use as a benchmark, but i didn't realise it could be as
misleading as this. I'll bear that in mind in future.

Thank you.

Steve
--
"You are technically correct, the best kind of correct."
- Bureaucrat 1.0, Futurama