new kernel

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 29 08:04:09 CDT 2005

Couple of problems I've noticed on the Thinkpad T43 since the new kernel
(-9) came in.

 * When the kernel is booted I get some errors in the nature of "IDE-1,
ports already in use".

 * Towards the end of initscripts and before gdm starts, I get kicked
out of usplash to some insmod failures.

Neither of these things seem to affect performance, so I presume the
relevant modules are not used by my machine, but I thought I would post
to see (a) if this is a bug or not, and (b) if so, whether anyone else
is seeing it.

--
Matthew East
mdke at ubuntu.com