X.org and 915GM

Olaf Bujak olaf.bujak at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 06:00:18 CDT 2005

Hello,

Normally the 915GM (aka Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900) should
work with the i810 driver. This isn't the case with this laptop. To
fix this problem you have to install 855resolution and a new i810
driver:  http://bram.be/travelmate_4651lci.html

Hyh. I have strange situation now:

Scheme 1:  when I switch on my laptop witch external monitor connected
everything works fine under i810 driver.

Scheme 2: when I switch on my laptop without external monitor
connected in at startup I can not plug in external monitor later. I
have to do this at startup. More interesting thing is that in this
situation my i810 driver does not work! I have to run xorg with vesa
driver to see whats happening in xwindow because under i810 i hear
sound that gdm starting and I can log in but i see only black screen.

I am really dazed and confused. Can you help me?

Best, Olaf.