Colony 4 report on IBM Thinkpad R40 2722-CDG

Mika Fischer mika_fischer at gmx.net
Tue Sep 6 12:12:22 CDT 2005

Hi all!

I've taken the time to test Colony 4 on my laptop.

The results are here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/ThinkpadR40-2722

Some notes:
- If I plug in an external monitor the display appears without pressing
any button. Am I correct in guessing that that means that the external
VGA port is powered on all the time draining power while on battery? How
can I test if that is the case? How can I switch it off if it is?

- Is it important to test with Hoary? I'd rather not do that as it takes
quite a lot of time...

- In the Template there is no row for USB-Support.

In general I can say that Breezy works well on my Laptop. Most of the
remaining bits are just minor annoyances or things working, but not
out-of-the-box.
Only the non-working hibernation is quite a showstopper to me...

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help in any other way.

Regards,
 Mika