Dell D810 some more test results

Per Arne Nilssen systemansvarlig at vagaungdomsskule.no
Mon Sep 5 15:19:03 CDT 2005

Somlyai Tamás wrote:

>You have two choice:
>1. upgrade your existing installation without the colony 4 CD: do an apt-get
>dist-upgrade from console.
>2. clean your existing partition, and install a whole new system with the
>downloaded colony 4 cd.
>
>2005. szeptember 5. 20.51 dátummal ezt írta:
>

>>On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 18:53 +0200, Somlyai Tamás wrote:
>>

>>>You need to do a dist-upgrade on your current installation, or Matthew
>>>already post the link:
>>>http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/breezy/colony-4/
>>>

>>how can I update ? I will download the CD image and when I will stat by
>>CD what is the command to update ? Can I update with apt get ?
>>bye

Downloaded both install and live cd.

Will first try out the live cd, because one with an Dell X1 doesn't get
it to work. Has to try out to check you know....

Tomorrow I will do an clean install, and hopefully You will know all of
my results be the end of this week. Is this OK?

One problem...haven't notised it before today. Couldn't get Gnomebaker
to burn my newly downloaded CD's, did then try with Graveman (a program
that I really like!), but same result. But burning with nautilus works
out just fine!!
Anyone with the same problem?

Wish me luck.......testing testing testing.......

Per Arne Nilssen (Pan007 on ubuntuforums)
systemansvarlig at vagaungdomsskule.no