Showstoppers

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Sep 5 13:17:07 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 02:00:51PM -0400, volvoguy wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something obvious then. Ubuntu fails to see my hard
> disk in either RAID or JBOD mode (the only two options available) with
> builds as recent as Colony 4. If JBOD is mote likely to work in the
> future, then it will have to be done without Windows, since it will
> ONLY install in RAID mode from Toshiba's recovery disc.

Right. The missing hard drive is the fundamental issue. However, the
RAID setup is an issue because the disk will have an extra block of
metadata at the start - without dmraid support, the OS is unlikely able
to understand the existing contents. Unless I'm misunderstanding things
- can you see the existing Windows partition from Knoppix?

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org