Craig Buckner saultdesign at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:52:29 CST 2005

On 10/29/05, Ubu Boy <ububoy at gmail.com> wrote:

>  When ever wireless device or the normal standard network device is enabled
> the laptop takes almost 10 minutes to boot into GNOME from the GDM Login
> screen. If I switch off my wireless device and also deactivate the normal
> standard network card. Then it boots immediately, but when that is enabled
> and the wireless is switch off it takes hell of time almost like 10 minutes
> to boot.

System>Administration>Networking
Select the device. click properties, disable the device.  Do this for
all devices.

Open Synaptic.  Search for Network-Manager, install.
Alt-f3 run nm-applet
Save the session when you logout

Everytime you boot it will search for the best connection, you can
also set up encription and swtch to wired instantly.

saultpastor