Ubu Boy ububoy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 22:03:22 CDT 2005

Hi Lists,
I am facing issues with Ubuntu breezy badger. I have a compaq presario v2000
series laptop. Now, the problem I am facing is :

When ever wireless device or the normal standard network device is enabled
the laptop takes almost 10 minutes to boot into GNOME from the GDM Login
screen. If I switch off my wireless device and also deactivate the normal
standard network card. Then it boots immediately, but when that is enabled
and the wireless is switch off it takes hell of time almost like 10 minutes
to boot.

Please help me. Folks at #ubuntu at
irc.freenode.net<http://irc.freenode.net>told me to give a hostname in
/etc/hosts, but that too in vain.