LaptopTestingTeam wiki page cleanup

Lakin Wecker lakin.wecker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:58:56 CDT 2005

I realize that this is a good thing for the page. It should be up to date.

Part of the reason that I tend to fall behind in installations is the time
it takes to return the machine to a useable state after the install. I
typically have a (fixed) list of software that I need/want installed in
order for the computer to be useable for me. Having to redo this everytime
is time consuming because I never remember which software it is that I want
installed.

Is there a relatively easy way to store the list of currently installed
packages and then have apt/dpkg re-install all of these?

Lakin