Getting started

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Aug 24 08:45:28 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:16:14PM -0400, volvoguy wrote:

> My only issue with this so far is that my bugs aren't being
> acknowledged, the general mailing list hasn't revealed any answers -
> nor has the general #ubuntu IRC channel. The dev mailing list and IRC
> channel don't acknowledge me whatsoever, and the #ubuntu-laptop
> channel - while talkative and *trying* to get things done - doesn't
> share any of my issues and they're busy trying to get their own
> laptops running.

Unfortunately Colin is currently on honeymoon, so installer bugs
probably won't be looked at until next week. I'm sorry that this is such
a killer, but on the bright side at least we've found out about it
before releasing :) For the most part, these bugs /are/ being dealt with
at a high priority - the problem is just that other than Colin, we don't
really have anyone who's familiar enough with the installer to debug
that.

> So when the Colony releases don't work (and bugs are filed), what's
> the the appropriate time frame we should use for grabbing nightly
> iso's - nightly? weekly? just wait for the next Colony?

When there are major issues, I'll try to let the list know when we think
they're fixed. So far we've already fixed a *lot* of laptop-related
bugs, and Breezy is already in better shape than it was this time last
week. I genuinely am sorry that we haven't been able to fix that bug
yet, and I'll let you know as soon as there's some progress.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org