about running the integrated webcam and microphone

Tapas K Chini tapask.chini at saha.ac.in
Mon May 7 07:49:37 BST 2007

Hi
I have migrated from WinXP to ubuntu 7.04 linux quite recently and
installed it to my desktop IBM think center and in my laptop HP Pavilion
dv2000.  I have two problems :
(1) In my HP Pavilion dv 2000 laptop  there are integrtaed webcam and
microphone. But I can not switch on the  webcam nor record the  voice
(from the Application>Sound & Video >Sound Recorder). This means I can
not use Skype in Ubuntu 7.04 which I could do in Win XP.
(2) Also while using Skype with my extermal head phone cun microphone I
can hear the other end but my voice can not be heard to the other ends.
So can anybody help me in configuring the integrated webcam in my HP
laptop to take photos and to use it in vedeo mode of Skype for remote
communication and also how to configure my external headphone cum
microphone so that my voice can be herad to the other end for skype.

Also please help how to record the voice using the integrated microphone
of my HP laptop.
Looking forward
Best regards
Tapas