24.04 question.

Kaj Haulrich kaj at haulrich.net
Sun May 5 08:16:26 UTC 2024

On 05.05.2024 01.45, Bob wrote:

> does 24.04 still use SNAP I have had nothing but trouble with it in
> 22.04 and in fact while it is on my computer I usuall use 20.04
>
> another question
>
> have they got the bugs worked out in Alpine.?
>
> thanks
>
> Bob

Yes, Kubuntu 24.04 still comes with snaps - thunderbird, firefox and
probably more. So first thing I do is to remove all snap-related stuff
completely. There is a good guide here:

https://www.debugpoint.com/remove-snap-ubuntu/

The important thing is to prevent apt from re-installing i.e.
firefox-snap etc., so read carefully to the end.

Then: "sudo apt install flatpak"

After removing snap you can use flatpak or appimage to get whatever you
want . Good guide here:

https://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/using-flatpak.html

HTH,

Kaj.