*Ubuntu computer needed today in NL.

Bastiaan Gijsbertus Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat May 21 14:21:12 UTC 2022

Hello Bob and others,

A few days ago, someone managed to help me as follows.... He had a USB
stick formatted with "Ventoy" - a kind of virtual boot CD program.

https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

He has put some ISO's at this stick, amongst which the one of Kubuntu
22.04.

When you boot with this key, you get a grub menu with the ISO's from
which you can install - amongst which Kubuntu 22.04.

A fresh install has been made, after which only the data file from a
recent backup have been restored - not the system files that may have
caused the problem.

Yours.

Bas.

====