Kontact/kmail can't start. No MySQL?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 02:25:28 UTC 2022

Ever since I upgraded to 22.04 (from the previous LTS), when I try to
start kontact or kamil, it says that "The Akonadi
personal information system is not running."

When I try to run akonadi_control I get
~> akonadi_control help
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: mysqld not found. Please verify your installation
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Shutting down AkonadiServer...
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/usr/bin/akonadiserver'
exited normally...

So apparently my upgrade got rid of MySQL.  And I don't see it in the
list of installable packages.

Can someone help?  What should I install to get my email back?

Thanks,

Michael;