Kububtu won't reboot

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 03:34:35 UTC 2020

On 22/5/20 12:21 pm, Michael Hirsch wrote:
> It's hard to imagine how your home files could prevent a restart,
> though I agree that is what the symptoms point to.

It would seem that I was mistaken although I thought that a reboot
worked before I added my home directory files. I've added a new user but
still no reboot, instead Intel's boot agent is displayed. I'd seen this
on an older laptop that I inherited but if I waited a minute or so then
it would boot.

As I said in my original plea for help, this occurred after I cloned an
SSD with Clonezilla. Windows wouldn't reboot either and so I upgraded to
Windows 10 and that fixed the problem and that's why I tried a fresh
installation of Kunbutu 20.04. So, that's where I am at the moment;
Windows will reboot but Kubuntu will not. If I didn't need Windows for
one application then I wouldn't need a dual boot system and I could have
stayed with the original small SSD.

--

Regards,
Phil