Kububtu won't reboot

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:51:48 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 1:47 AM Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/5/20 4:59 pm, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> > I'm no expert here, so I hope someone else speaks up. I don't think
> > there is anything wrong with the files in your ~/home. I think perhaps
> > it is the way you added it.
> That must be it because I could reboot until I copied my backup files
> into my newly created home directory, I was careful not to mess up any
> new config files with my old ones but I could have.

It's hard to imagine how your home files could prevent a restart,
though I agree that is what the symptoms point to.

Try creating a new user.  Then shutdown, boot, and log in as that
user.  Does the reboot work?  If yes, they you can start copying files
over to that user and trying to reboot.  Maybe you'll be able to find
the offending file.

Michael