Kububtu won't reboot

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 05:10:14 UTC 2020

Thank you for reading this.

Eighteen months ago I cloned a small SSD to a larger one using
Clonzilla. Only because I wanted to keep Windows 7 on my dual boot
laptop and I didn't have the original Windows installation disk.
Everything was good except I couldn't reboot either from Windows or
Kububtu. Instead the Intel Boot Agent displays a list of boot devices
and the SSD isn't on that list.

So, after growing tired of powering down and then up again (because
reboot didn't work) I upgraded to Windows 10 and did a fresh install of
Kubuntu 20.04. Windows 10 will reboot and Kubuntu did initially until I
restored my home directory. Something in the restored files is
preventing a reboot. I renamed .kde but that is not the problem.

Can anyone suggest why Kubuntu won't reboot?

--
Regards,
Phil