Installing tar packages

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jan 15 23:32:43 UTC 2020

Personally, I cannot speak for everyone.  When I open a .tar/.tar.gz
file with Ark, I do not select anything in the package, but click on
"Extract" and it extracts all the files into a subdirectory of the
directory where I downloaded the .tar/tar.gz file.

After that I follow what Clay Weber wrote about compiling and installing.

Good luck!

Tom