Fwd: Urgent. Do not manage any more to use Kontact/ Kmail for Gmail.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 04:41:58 UTC 2019

Hello Everybody.

Have been using Kontact in combination with Gmail ever since several
years. However, ever since a few months, I am experiencing big
difficulties to continue doing so. I have the feeling that something
has changed in the Gmail security settings - in such a way that is
simply impossible to use my Gmail address together with Kontact.
Really, really annoying!!!!

Take please a look at the screenshot. You will see there the following
text I get, when trying to connect Kmail and the rest of the Kontact
suite with my Gmail account BasRoufs at gmail.com:

"(...)
Inloggen met Google is tijdelijk uitgeschakeld voor deze app

Deze app is nog niet geverifieerd door Google voor gebruik van de
functie 'Inloggen bij Google'.
(...)"

This Dutch text implies something like this:
"(...)
Logging into Google has been temporarily turned off for this app.
This app has not yet been verified by Google for the use of the
functionality "Logging into Google".
(...)"

Is there any way to fix this???

My system: Kubuntu 18.0.4.