Config.dat locked and can't update on 18.04

Dale Trombley buzzmandt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:46:25 UTC 2019

LOL, oops. Yeah, trying to fuser my car lmao

Definitely a typo, I was typing my original message on from my phone
looking at my moms computer and autocorrect made cat=car.
That's my fear right now is rebooting. I'm sure it will fix it, but I'm not
sure it will successfully reboot. I'm getting pretty quick at installing
kubuntu these days but that doesn't mean that I really wanna have to go
that route. I'll wait and see anymore responses and then just reboot if
that seems the next likely candidate fix.

Thank you for the reply Cody.

-Dale

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 3:06 PM Cody Smith <cody.smith at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> From what I'm reading, you're trying to unlock the wrong config.dat file,
> check that doesn't exist, unless the typo of /car is only in the email.
>
> If it is, try rebooting, that could very well clear this up.
>
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019, 9:54 AM Dale Trombley <buzzmandt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Searching I tried the following fixes.
>>
>> fuser -v /car/cache/debconf/config.dat
>>
>> in order to find user process to kill it but that command hangs and
>> returns nothing. This seems to be the right fix but isn't working for me
>>
>> Also found this and also didn't work
>>
>> sudo touch /var/lib/dpkg/lock
>> sudo dpkg --configure -a
>>
>> I'm at a loss for something that might work.
>> Currently affective errors are
>> libpam-systemd
>> tzdata
>> libssl1.1
>> openssl
>> ubuntu-minimal
>> sane-utils
>> xserver-xorg-legacy
>> ubuntu-standard
>> linux-headers-4.15.0.55-generic
>> linux-headers-generic
>> linux-generic
>>
>> This is my mom's computer and I only get by there once every few days so
>> please keep the suggestions coming and I'll update once I try em.
>>
>> Full error readout follows
>>
>> sudo dpkg --configure -a
>> [sudo] password for ********:
>> Setting up libpam-systemd:amd64 (237-3ubuntu10.24) ...
>> debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by
>> another process: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> dpkg: error processing package libpam-systemd:amd64 (--configure):
>> installed libpam-systemd:amd64 package post-installation script
>> subprocess returned error exit status 1
>> Setting up tzdata (2019b-0ubuntu0.18.04) ...
>> debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by
>> another process: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> dpkg: error processing package tzdata (--configure):
>> installed tzdata package post-installation script subprocess returned
>> error exit status 1
>> Setting up libssl1.1:amd64 (1.1.1-1ubuntu2.1~18.04.4) ...
>> debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by
>> another process: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> dpkg: error processing package libssl1.1:amd64 (--configure):
>> installed libssl1.1:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess
>> returned error exit status 1
>> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openssl:
>> openssl depends on libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.1); however:
>>  Package libssl1.1:amd64 is not configured yet.
>>
>> dpkg: error processing package openssl (--configure):
>> dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ubuntu-minimal:
>> ubuntu-minimal depends on tzdata; however:
>>  Package tzdata is not configured yet.
>>
>> dpkg: error processing package ubuntu-minimal (--configure):
>> dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> [...]

*Truck driver, Linux Tech, Webmaster, and Web Admin.Volunteer Kubuntu Linux
Development Tester*