Latest 19.04 apt dist-upgrade caused my system to boot to a blank screen

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Mon Jul 22 01:09:17 UTC 2019

Sorry for the incomplete response.

Are you seeing a blank screen after after logging in? If so, do you have a mouse cursor at all?

Is there anything specific that makes you think it is related to systemd?

If you have a mouse cursor, try alt-space and so if krunner opens. If it does, plasma has likely crashed for some reason. See if entering the command 'plasmashell' in krunner and see it the desktop runs.