Installation alongside Windows 10 Home Edition

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:00:47 UTC 2019

Am Sa., 5. Jan. 2019 um 19:07 Uhr schrieb Cody Smith <cody.smith at ubuntu.com>:
> I've run into this myself, the only reliable fix I've found is booting into windows are disabling fast startup from the power songs in the control panel and.

Cody, I forgot to say that I already did this: fast startup was
disabled. Did you indeed get the option to install alongside windows
with the installer on *current* Kubuntu 18.04.1 images?

I was a bit irritated as the installer reports 18.04 (without .1); and
from searching the web, I got the impression that the 18.04 installer
(for other flavors of Ubuntu) had exactly this limitation.

Kind regards
Ingolf