packagekit daemon crash

Charlie contact at charlieluna.com
Wed Sep 5 20:35:21 UTC 2018

i'm replying to my own post here.

just installed 16.04 and no issues with the packagekit daemon, so far. about to install latte dock via ppa. must be something with 18.04 only.

also, i just remembered that in 18.04, i was getting an error called 'cannot obtain lock.' i was trying to download and install the tor browser and i think something as well and i never got to file a bug report for that. but, at least i'm up and running again, albeit taking a step 'back' to 16.04, which is not a problem. i'm going to wait until 16.04 hits EOL before upgrading to 18.04 to give the development team time to correct the bugs.

Charlie Luna

Ubuntu California Loco Team member
IRC username: hangar18
IRC server: chat.freenode.net