Using USB Memory Stick to upgrade to 18.10

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Oct 27 14:17:51 UTC 2018

On 10/27/2018 08:43 AM, Christer Wickman wrote:
> Hi Everybody
>
> I would like to ask I have taken home ISO file for KUbuntu 18.10 and
> put it on a USB Memory Stick. Can one use that to upgrade to KUbuntu
> 18.10 from KUbuntu 18.04? And how do one do that? Since everything
> that I have read on forums doesn't work. Because when I did as the
> forum says I get a messages that there is no upgrade. I have change on
> both Server from Sweden  to the World and LTS to Normal Releases. But
> nothing seems to upgrade it. I would rather not do a new installtion
> since that would make me lose all data I have on my computer. I even
> tested the answer I got from everybody. But nothing seems to work. Can
> it a bug that the version I have which is KUbuntu 18.04.1 LTS? Hope
> you can help me with these questions-
>
> Yours
>
> Christer Wickman

My first attempt to install 18.04 on my laptop ended with a working
operating system but incapable of installing anything or upgrading.
Nothing I could do rectified the situation. In the end the only solution
was to download the latest and greatest , wipe the hard drive and
reinstall. Now everything works as it should.

Sometimes desperate situations require desperate measures. *<]:o)

Fortunately I didn't have any really important stuff on it and what was
there I could move over to another hard drive [ yes - my laptop has two
hard drives ] to put back in place once the new install was done.

--
"The dog is a gentleman. I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

Mark Twain