Kubuntu social media accounts - help needed

Anthony Stevens masteranthonystevens at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 01:58:33 UTC 2018

There is an active Linux community on MeWe that has been migrating from G+.
If you'd establish a group there, I'd join.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We have a social media presence on Mastodon again:
> https://mastodon.technology/@Kubuntu . If you are on mastodon, please
> follow us and boost our toots! If you aren't, you might try it out. It is a
> different experience than twitter; much more friendly. That said, we have a
> twitter account too: https://twitter.com/Kubuntu. Again, follows and
> retweets are appreciated. There are two Facebook accounts, one withw an
> unknown owner. If you like and use facebook, we really could use some help
> there, in particular for people who persist in asking user support
> questions there. Very few of the developers, including me, like or use FB
> much. We have a G+ community going as well, which at last look was fairly
> healthy. That is going away however, as Google shuts it down.
>
> Finally, we have the wonderful Kubuntuforums:
> https://www.kubuntuforums.net/ . The Ubuntu forums have gotten rather
> useless for Kubuntu (IMO) and the KDE forums are great for KDE software,
> but not so much for Kubuntu issuses. Kubuntuforums are the place to go
> besides the #kubuntu IRC channel and  the Kubuntu-user list for in-depth
> user help.
>
> Now that we have a new mastodon, it's looking rather bare and drafty. I
> could load in the same header image we have on Kubuntu.org and the Kubuntu
> IRC, but really, all should be updated to Cosmic. We finally have an
> Ubuntu-approved image [1], and it would be cool to have the latest Plasma
> wallpaper plus that rather than the Bionic image we have.
>
> Valorie
>
> 1.
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VE61SWh-TA1AZqoZw5x1FL43hzqaNyx/view?usp=sharing
>
> --
> http://about.me/valoriez

*Anthony Stevens*
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
http://postorbitallibrary.com/