Kubuntu social media accounts - help needed

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 00:02:22 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

We have a social media presence on Mastodon again:
https://mastodon.technology/@Kubuntu . If you are on mastodon, please
follow us and boost our toots! If you aren't, you might try it out. It is a
different experience than twitter; much more friendly. That said, we have a
twitter account too: https://twitter.com/Kubuntu. Again, follows and
retweets are appreciated. There are two Facebook accounts, one withw an
unknown owner. If you like and use facebook, we really could use some help
there, in particular for people who persist in asking user support
questions there. Very few of the developers, including me, like or use FB
much. We have a G+ community going as well, which at last look was fairly
healthy. That is going away however, as Google shuts it down.

Finally, we have the wonderful Kubuntuforums: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/
. The Ubuntu forums have gotten rather useless for Kubuntu (IMO) and the
KDE forums are great for KDE software, but not so much for Kubuntu issuses.
Kubuntuforums are the place to go besides the #kubuntu IRC channel and  the
Kubuntu-user list for in-depth user help.

Now that we have a new mastodon, it's looking rather bare and drafty. I
could load in the same header image we have on Kubuntu.org and the Kubuntu
IRC, but really, all should be updated to Cosmic. We finally have an
Ubuntu-approved image [1], and it would be cool to have the latest Plasma
wallpaper plus that rather than the Bionic image we have.

Valorie

1.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VE61SWh-TA1AZqoZw5x1FL43hzqaNyx/view?usp=sharing

--