Kubuntu 16.04.4 Testing needed!

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Fri Mar 2 21:40:48 UTC 2018

On 03/01/2018 09:48 PM, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On 03/01/2018 09:27 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Hi Bruce, the proper way to handle such a situation is to use
>> `ubuntu-bug ubiquity` in a konsole or terminal before re-starting, or
>> copying the necessary logfiles if you do it after rebooting. Launchpad
>> will tell you what files you need. Any bugs should be reported and
>> then linked to your report on the qatracker before submitting.
>>
>> Such a report is still a success, even if there is a bug. Please
>> mention what equipment your are using to test i386.
>>
>> And thank you!
>>
>> It is too late to report test results on the qatracker now, because
>> the dot release is done. However, it's not too late to file that bug
>> report from the machine you used to test.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Valorie
>
> Well, I so far have struck out.  If I tickle things enough, I can come
> up with the "Install Kubuntu" icon but clicking on it just makes
> things spin wheels forever.
>
> Will keep trying.  I did get to the initial install screen once but it
> would never go to the first step of the install.
>
> Running on a i386 Intel with 8GB ram.  Small fan-less box. About
> 1.8ghz speed.

I finally have given up on 16.04.4.   I did get it to start the install,
but it keeps quiting with a disk error... which seems to point to a
problem with the USB stick being used.  I used two different stocks and
got the same error.

So I'm done....  I think there must be a problem with the install...
and I had many issues with the install freezing up.

I don't really need 16.04.4 since I've been on 17.10 since it was
released (and before).   But I will be ready to test 18.04 when the
first beta is released.

--
"I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx