A Problem With GIMP

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 17:51:19 UTC 2018

Bill Vance wrote:
> Using kubuntu 16.04.
>
> When trying to use GIMP, there are little text windows that
> appear to identify what various symbols, and some drop down
> menu items are.  Unfortunately, the text, and the background
> colors are so close, if not identical, that they can't be
> read.

Some time ago I found a solution to a similar question:
Start systemsettings, go to "Application Appearence" -> "GTK". Change
the selection for GTK3 Theme from oxygen-gtk to something else and click
the "Apply" button.

I'm not sure if that helps in your case as well because that was for
14.04. I don't have a 16.04 system to try it there.

Nils