NVIDIA problems

Thu Jan 25 09:44:13 UTC 2018

Hi,
I have a computer with two Quadro K4000 cards (and two monitors). I want
that each pair monitor/card is a dedicated screen. With the current
nvidia installed (384.11), the two pairs act as one huge screen (which
is not what I want). I don't see in the nvidia-settings program where I
can configure that (in the past, it was an explicit option).
I also try the xorg-nouveau driver. I can have two screens, but the X
server hangs sometimes (a bug in the driver I guess).
I suppose that I have to modify manually the xorg.conf configuration
file, but I have no clue how. An idea?
Thanks.
--
Dr. Pascal Francq