(solved) KDE root programs' fonts very small

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Tue Feb 20 17:04:34 UTC 2018

Hi!

I've had the problem, that graphical programs (or program parts), which run as root, had a very small font size - such as systemsettings5 or muon's settings->configure software sources window.

I've investigated it, and I found that the following has to be added to /etc/environment:

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE

That is, the XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP environment variable needs to be set to "KDE". But this doesn't work when set in ~/.bashrc, ~/.proile or /etc/profile. Looks like these scripts aren't called by kdesudo. Instead, it works when the mentionend line is included in /etc/environment (not a script).

Bye
Volker