python

Charles T. Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 01:40:47 UTC 2018

Charlie,

You don't really need an IDE with python, unless you want to single step
through the program.
I put my python programs in a subdirectory under "python" subdirectory
and open both a terminal (half-screen) and kate (half-screen) side by
side.  That way I can make changes in kate and save them, then run the
program in the terminal.  With a little care you can quickly debug your
program that way.
However, if you want to single-step through the program you need an IDE.
Good luck!

Tom