Fwd: kernel updates for k12.04

ray burke rayburke30 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:08:55 UTC 2017

Nils,

those linux-generic-pae are for the K12.04 lts, but finally I got my K14.04
lts working with dial-up,after
following that line you sent about the modem. I tried the part about for
Kubuntu (using Kppp)
and showed the noauth was  already implemented, so  I then tired the
alternate way 1
(using wvdialconf & wvdail and found I had an old dial up ISP listed with
wrong password so I updated
it and saved which rewrote the wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf, then  rebooted
and tried the kppp and worked,
but will give it a go next time I boot up with k14.04 lts, as at  moment in
my win7 with dongle?

Ray