17.10 network changes

Bmarsh bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon Oct 2 00:27:32 UTC 2017

 Thanks...  took a quick look but didn’t see anything that seemed like the problem.  Will keep looking.

 From: Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> To: Kubuntu user technical support <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: 17.10 network changes Date: 10/1/17, 7:06 PM

Hi Bruce,

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Bruce Marshall <bmarsh at bmarsh.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a clue as to what changes were made to network setup in
> Artful??   I've been using static IP addresses within my network for years
> but now the system seems to be ignoring anything in the
> /etc/network/interfaces  file.   And networking.service  is gone which would
> be ok if everything else worked...
>
> All I can get is a DHCP address from within my network.  Been looking at
> documentation for any changes to networking but haven't found any yet.
>

> Any help would be appreciated....

I've seen a few people complaining about this, but it seems a rare
issue. There were some networking changes by the Ubuntu devels, so you
should perhaps search Launchpad for bug reports and add your details
there.

Kubuntu doesn't handle networking beyond providing the Plasma widgets
that display what's going on; that is all done at the systemd and
networkmanager level, by the core Ubuntu developers.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez