cannot upload to MTP phone

Christian Pelz rhein_ufer_weg at yahoo.de
Tue May 23 07:41:38 UTC 2017

Am 23.05.2017 um 08:37 schrieb Luca Ferrari:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
>> Am Freitag, 19. Mai 2017, 16:07:40 CEST schrieb Ferry Toth:
>>> If you have or can get a ssh server working on your phone, you can use
>>> fish://user@phone from dolfin.
>>
>> I have SSHDroid installed on the phone. It works with
>> sftp://root@192.168.178.25:2222/sdcard/ (after starting the SSHDroid app).
>>
>> The IP address to be used is displayed by SSHDroid, when it is started.
>
> Folks, thank for the suggestion but if I could use wi-fi then nothing
> prevents me to find any kind of solution to share content (even an
> http server on my workstation). The point is I'm constrained to NOT
> use wi-fi, and I don't want to rely on a remote file server too, so I
> guess there's nothing to solve the problem.
> The content is on the main storage of the device, and I have to say it
> worked (sometime) with my old samsung, but never worked with the
> galaxy j6.
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

Hi Luca,

you could probably transfer files over usb with adb (Android Debug
Bridge). It doesn't come with a GUI, though, afaik.

MyPhoneExplorer is a piece of software to synchronise your phone to your
PC and also offers file transfer. It uses adb. Only available for
windows, I'm afraid, but generally, it works with wine.

However, I haven't tried connecting my Android phone to the linux-box
with usb.

There's a thread on the website of MyPhoneExplorer on that:
http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20567
(pretty much towards the end)

Good luck

Chris