cannot upload to MTP phone

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri May 19 11:55:10 UTC 2017

Am Freitag, 19. Mai 2017, 08:51:12 CEST schrieb Luca Ferrari:
> Hi all,
> I cannot paste files from dolphin into the storage of my mobile phone
> (samsung galaxy j3) connected via MTP (all the folders are not
> writable).
> However I can download content from the phone (e.g., images).
> Any idea?

Hi.

Are you using an external SD card? Content which resides on the card (such as
photos and music) should be read- and writeable, AFAIK.

For me, MTP isn't working (my HTC 10 phone isn't supported yet by the MTP
library). I found a different way to access my data: install SSHDroid in the
phone, and access it via SSH. This will use WLAN instead of an USB cable.

Good luck
Volker