kde login screen freezes at around 56%

André Verwijs dutchgigalo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:10:54 UTC 2017

I have the same on TW.... (with last update)

..

Op 23 jan. 2017 09:49 schreef "Luca Ferrari" <fluca1978 at infinito.it>:

Hi all,
this happened twice to my laptop: kubuntu 16.10, amd64, plain install.
It worked for a couple of months than the kde login screen (progress
bar) freezes at 56% (I got the above from a console) and I'm unable to
do the login.
I reinstalled the distro, and after a couple of weeks, it happened again.
The kde init process seems blocked somewhere (again, I inspect with
top and alike from a terminal). Booting in single mode does not result
in any help.
Any idea on how to investigate/fix?

Thanks,
Luca

P.S.
I know there are too few details, but I need some hint on how to get more

mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users