Kubuntu-PPAs for Artful

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Dec 1 07:07:47 UTC 2017

Hi!

I've done a "do-release-upgrade" from 17.04 to 17.10, and I got the message
"Paketquellen von Drittanbietern deaktiviert" ("package sources for thrid
party providers deactivated").

It turns out, that it has rewritten my Kubuntu PPAs in /etc/apt/
sources.list.d/ from "zesty" to "artful", and at the same time commented out
these lines:

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu artful main

and

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu artful main

How do I configure the new Kubuntu PPAs, for Artful? When I just uncomment
these lines, and do a "apt update", it says there are 320 new packages. Is
this okay? It looks like too much for me, for KDE. I'm afraid that doing an
upgrade will break my system.

Bye
Volker