Kubuntu PPA doesn't work

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Mon Oct 31 17:20:29 UTC 2016

On Monday, October 31, 2016 4:10:33 PM EDT Volker Wysk wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Of the two Kununtu PPAs, one doesn't work for me:
>
> ~ % apt update
> OK:1 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
> Holen:2 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [95,7
> kB] OK:3 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease
> OK:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu xenial InRelease
> Ign:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease
> OK:6 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
> Fehl:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu xenial Release
>   404  Not Found
> Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu xenial
> Release' does not have a Release file.
> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
> disabled by default.
> N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
> details.
>
> The culprit is the second one: kubuntu-ppa-ubuntu-ppa-xenial.list
>
> ~ % cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kubuntu-ppa-ubuntu-ppa-xenial.list
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu xenial main
>
> I have followed the instructions on https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/PPAs
> in order to add the "Kubuntu Updates" PPA.
>
> What am I doing wrong..?
>

> Bye
> V.W.

There simply are no Xenial packages in that ppa; they will all be in the
kubuntu- backports one.  The Updates PPA ia only relevant to 12.04 and 14.04
systems.

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Someone needs to update the wiki page to reflect this until or unless there are
plans to use this ppa in the future.

--
Clay Weber