Time in Kubuntu

Teimuraz Abashidze tgasoft at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:11:41 UTC 2016

I've got the same issue. Kubuntu 16.04, time in system tray is 4 hours
different from system time. Before it it was always OK.
Also as I had set it to show time in 24 hour format, it didn't, just
showing e.g. 10:20 (or 10:20 AM if I swithc 24 hours showing off).

After number of swith on/swith off and other experiments, now it shows
correct time in stsrem tray, even 24 hours format- 22:21. but system time
is:

Mon Oct 17 06:21:37 +04 2016

My timezone is really +4 Tbilisi/Asia, but local time is actually 22:21. It
seems that it shows UTC time as local in console.

And also:

# hwclock
hwclock: Warning: unrecognized third line in adjtime file
(Expected: `UTC' or `LOCAL' or nothing.)
Mon 17 Oct 2016 10:23:34 AM +04  .901510 seconds

Maybe that is the reason? I've checked /etc/adjtime:

# cat /etc/adjtime
0.0 0 0.0
0
LOCAL

It seems that this is correct, isn't it? So what can be the reason of such
strange behavior?