Backup

Alan Dacey (grokit) grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Wed Nov 2 18:17:03 UTC 2016

Open Dolphin, split the window, one side go to your $HOME folder, the other go to your backup folder. Make sure that you are not looking at the hidden files then select everything in your home folder, drag and drop it to the backup folder, choose copy.
In your home folder press Alt-. (alt dot) to show the hidden files/folders. Copy all you want to over to the backup location such as .cups, .mozilla, .libreoffice, .minecraft, .openbazzar, .steam, .wine - whatever you do not want lost. The .bash* files are also usually useful to save.